At Abbey Rose we are cash buyers of gold, silver and bullion for sellers on the treasure coast. Do you want to sell your gold, silver or bullion? We pay cash on the spot!
The Best Ways to Sell Silver and Gold – If you’re selling gold or silver bullion, you want to get the best price available. Perhaps you’ve been investing in precious metals for many years and now you think it’s time to offload some of your collection. Or maybe you’ve inherited some precious metals from a family member or are cleaning out your jewelry drawer. Whatever your case may be, we are here to help make sure your transaction is as smooth as possible.
We buy flatware, Coins, American Silver Eagles, Silver Rounds, 90% Silver Coins (Pre-1964 Quarters), Silver Ingots & much more!
We Buy Gold Chains, Pendants, Rings, Earrings Charms, Bracelets, Necklaces, Gold Watches, Tangled Gold Chains, Bullion, Coins & more!
The most important things about selling your precious metals, include:
• How to safely sell different forms of bullion (coins, bars, jewelry, scrap metal)
• How to get a fair price
• Where is the most convenient to sell
• Whenever you decide the time is right for selling gold and silver, the primary factors to consider are price, convenience and safety.
1. What’s a Fair Price for Your Precious Metals? The question everyone asks when selling precious metals is what price they’ll get. So, how do you know how much your bullion is worth? Here are some of the factors that determine how much you could potentially receive when you sell your gold or silver.
2. What Kind of Bullion Are You Selling? Some precious metals products are more valuable or in greater demand at a given time in the market. Factors like whether it’s gold or silver, a coin or bar, a government or private mint product and the condition of the bullion itself will all play into its resale value. Generally speaking, bullion that demanded a higher premium upfront will fetch higher prices upon resale, though it does depend on demand at the time. One way to assure that you have a strong resale ability is to buy the most popular product where demand will always be strongest.
3. Selling Gold & Silver Coins Gold and silver coins generally hold their value well through resale. Because sovereign (government) coins are universally recognized legal tender, they can usually be resold without delay. Because of this high liquidity, you’ll usually get a higher resale value from coins than you will from rounds. Additionally, the retail market for coins is generally more active than bars or jewelry, which means there is almost always a buyer.
4. Selling Gold & Silver Bars Gold and silver bullion bars generally have high resale value, especially those bars that have been kept in professional vault storage. Bullion bars produced by the most reputable mints and refineries have the strongest resale value. These bars are typically marked with a seal of the mint of origin and sometimes include a serial number for easy identification and certification. Because of this, there is low risk involved in buying or selling bullion bars.
5. Selling Gold & Silver Jewelry – It’s difficult to get the same resale value when selling your gold and silver jewelry than other bullion products. This is because most jewelry today includes an alloy along with other decorative pieces. Since it is not pure gold or silver, its value is more subjective. A refiner has to melt it down and refine it before making a bar, coin, round or even more jewelry. This additional labor means most jewelry today will fetch a lower resale price than what was paid upfront.
6. How Much Are You Selling? An easy way to calculate the value of your gold and silver bullion is to simply multiply the number of ounces by the current spot price. This will give you an idea of the upper limit on how much you can expect to receive in a resale. Most bullion dealers will offer about 95 percent of the spot price, though this will vary depending on market conditions. If you have a large lot to sell or products the dealer is in short supply of at the time, you might fetch a higher resale premium. Keep in mind that, for a piece of jewelry, the dealer would multiply the gold content by the current spot price. So for jewelry that contains 10 ounces of gold but is 91.6 percent pure, the dealer would pay you for 9.16 ounces. Pawn shops will offer the lowest return — sometimes less than half of the bullion content.
The size of your transaction will also play a role in how you’ll want to sell. Walking into a pawn shop with a significant amount of precious metals makes you vulnerable to burglary or assault. It’s less of a concern when you’re selling $1,500 worth of gold, but this is a serious consideration for investors who have $100,000 or more in precious metals investments. It simply doesn’t make sense to carry a sack worth half a million dollars into a local pawn shop. In these cases, privacy and security must be more serious considerations. Selling with us at Abbey Rose offers you all of these.
Where to Sell Your Gold and Silver – Once you have some gold and silver to sell, you need to decide where to bring it. Generally speaking, most people go to a pawn shop or bullion dealer. Reputable precious metals dealers are often few and far between in person, but many are moving their business online, opening up new possibilities (and risks).
Avoid the risks of these types of dealers by having an in-person, personalized experience with Abbey Rose. We will never ask you to mail your items, and we always pay cash on the spot for gold, silver, and bullion.
1. Why NOT to sell Gold & Silver to a Local Pawn Shop – Keep in mind that pawn shops will offer the lowest return on your investment, as mentioned earlier. They may not even recognize what a particular coin or bar is actually worth in the market. There’s typically room for negotiation, but you’ll almost always receive far below what a reputable bullion dealer will offer. Therefore, we don’t recommend selling to a pawn shop.
2. Selling Gold & Silver Bullion Online – Selling precious metals to an online dealer can be a more efficient way to offload some of your bullion, but still offers many risks. Also, you will be made to wait for your money instead of receiving immediate cash with Abbey Rose!
There are many people who need cash in a hurry, and selling gold and silver is one of the best ways to get that cash. Gold and silver can be found in many forms, such as in the form of coins, bars, bullion, jewelry, ornaments, and decorations. Precious metals can be sold for a fairly high price, and it is important to protect your sale. Many online buyers can be scam artists looking to steal your items.
We make it easier to buy and sell your precious metals. You want your transaction to be safe, convenient and fair. The easiest way to ensure that is to sell from the safety of your home with a personalized appointment from Abbey Rose. This way, you never expose yourself to the possibility of assault, and you dramatically decrease the possibility of burglary or theft.